Thursday, October 11, 2012

Revlon - Royal

Hey readers! I know I haven't been around posting swatches for a while... I'm back! Today I'm bringing a color that so many people have lusted over, but pass in the drugstore every day - Revlon's Royal.

Royal was a color I thought I'd really hate. I'm not so into dark blues, they always feel so flat to me. Royal was no different when I was in the store and I kept putting it off - Do I buy it? Am I really going to like this? Eventually I figured it was worth it. I don't have a color like this in my collection, so I'm excited to post these.


I smudged, so I added a little heart decal... and I know my cuticles are in need of some serious TLC - I'm working on it, okay?!

Royal really is a gorgeous royal blue. It's got a almost jellylike finish, but it's not at the same level as a true jelly. It's definitely not as shiny as I thought it would be, and I was surprised at the actual finish - Royal is actually pretty matte.


In the shade, you can see how totally glowy it is. I love the depth of this polish - I feel like it would be gorgeous in a jelly sandwich.


This was 2 coats, plus Butter London's Hardwear topcoat on top. I would have used my HG, Seche Vite - but with the little hearts it would have peeled right off. There's still a little bit of visible nail line.. but I like it a little bit with this polish. Most of the blues you see are cremes, so I like to show off the fact that this is pretty sheer. 

I love Royal, even though I tried so hard to hate it. It's turning into one of my favorite colors, so be prepared to see more of this in the future! 

I bought Revlon's Royal for $6.49, but I don't remember where. Sorry :(



No comments:

Post a Comment