Monday, October 1, 2012

Elf - 2F01AS

Hi everyone :)

Today's the beginning of October - Where has 2012 gone? I feel like just yesterday I was celebrating Christmas 2011. The summer's officially over, and that means we can start breaking out the fall and winter colors!

Here's one I found at Target for $1 - It's by a brand called Elf and it's called 2F01AS. Which is kind of a silly name for a color, but I guess some people aren't too fond of names.


2F01AS is a gorgeous pewter color with tiny holo glitter. That's a vanity cap at the top - You can take it off if it's easier to paint that way, but I left it on. 


The color in the bottle translates well to the nail, if not drying a little darker. 2 coats was good enough for me, but it was a little lumpy. I wasn't so fond of the brush to begin with, and since the formula wasn't the best either I had a problem with application. The glitter never really smoothed out, and it still felt grainy after I put a coat of Seche Vite on top.


The holo shimmer is so awesome. It's ridiculously sparkly in the light, and it pops against the stormy grey base. 


A blurry picture to show off the bokeh..


...And one last one to show off the label. 

I don't know if I love this polish to death. I can't get over the application issues and of course the graininess, but something about this polish just stood out to me! The glitter is gorgeous and I've never seen a similar color, so for $1 I really couldn't go wrong. 6/10 :)





No comments:

Post a Comment