Thursday, October 11, 2012

Illamasqua - Creator

Have you ever seen a polish and decided you had to have it, no questions asked?


Welcome to my extreme lemming for Creator.

Illamasqua is sort of a new brand for me. I knew of them because of Scrangie (I think...) but never had the money to blow on their polishes. I love them all - I'm definitely getting Baptiste next. The thing is, Baptiste can wait. I saw someone swatch Creator sometime last week, and I was immediately enamored. My go-to polishes are always neutrals, and more often than not a variation of black. I love black polish. Black polish pretty much embodies everything I have ever felt about beauty - It's sexy, it's deep, it's rebellious. It's the one color Bobbi Brown (who, not for nothing, always felt like someone of my mom's type) said to never paint our nails. And guess what?

I. Love. Black. Polish.

I like to feel sexy! I like to be deep. And most of all, I am certainly a rebel.


Creator is the perfect girly black polish. It's got tons of silver glitter, and I saw some holo-y looking stuff in there too. It applies like a dream and everything is better with some good old Seche Vite.



It's a little blurry, but you can see a little more of the color shift.


Gorgeous. I fell in love with Creator as soon as I heard about it, and probably would have bought it even if I didn't have store credit at Sephora, haha. I know it seems like a lot, but Creator isn't really similar to any other polish I own so I felt like it was certainly worth it.


Remember how I said black polish was deep? Here's the depth I was talking about. Some of the silver glitter gets trapped in between layers of polish. It reminded me of Essie's Starry Starry Night.


I used 2 coats of Creator underneath Seche Vite. It went on like butter, even though without a topcoat it felt super gritty because of the sparkle. Obviously, taking it off was sort of a hassle - I definitely worked hard getting all that glitter off. Break out the acetone for this one, girls.

Illamasqua polishes retail for $14 at Sephora.





No comments:

Post a Comment