Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sephora by OPI - Who Let the Dorks Out?

I used to be a huge fan of Glee.

Glee, if you don't know, is this horrible show about some caricature of a highschool where everyone gets together and sings. The Glee club is higher on the social totem pole, it seems, than any other extracurricular activity, but somehow the gleeks are still tortured and made fun of.

I used to be a huge fan of Glee. It was my favorite show in it's first and second seasons, but then it got weird. The head cheerleader had the baby with the hot one on the football team, and got kicked off the cheerleading squad, so... what, so Fran Drescher jr's freaky witch mom could adopt the baby? It got really weird, really fast.

All that aside, there are a few parts of Glee that I really enjoy. For one, I enjoy drinking slushies. Every time I see an ad for glee, they make a big deal out of slushies.


Who Let the Dorks Out is a perfect bluey-green slushie in a bottle. It's seriously making me thirsty just writing about it. It's a green jelly base, with all sorts of teal and blue micro-glittery shimmery stuff that all sorta blends together in about 3 coats. 


I used 2 coats here and could have definitely used a 3rd. Of course, I realized this after I'd slapped a coat of Seche Vite on top and took several pictures. You can see some of my nail line, and definitely the green base.


Here it's a lot easier to see how blue the shimmer is. I love this color, but honestly it was sort of a pain to work with. The first coat went on super smooth, but I had trouble making the 2nd even, and the skinny brush wasn't helping too much either.


How awesome is this color? It almost reminds me of China Glaze's Passion In the Pacific, but this one actually dries and it's a little more sheer.

Overall, I like it - and of course it was on sale. I scored this one on clearance at Sephora for $3. 




No comments:

Post a Comment