Sunday, September 30, 2012

Color Club - Insta-This

Alright! My first actual review of a polish.

I'm starting off with something I got in my Birchbox last month. If you're not familiar with Birchbox, It's a company that sells little sample packs of beauty supplies. You pay $10 a month, and you get a surprise box in the mail filled with goodies. Usually, there are 5 or 6 "deluxe sized" samples. For September, one of my samples was this mini bottle of Color Club's Insta-This.

Insta-This is a color from the Birchbox & Color Club Custom Collection. It's a mouthful, isn't it? There are 3 other colors in the collection, but I haven't got the chance to review them.


Isn't that bottle so cute and tiny? It's 7ml, so a little bigger than your traditional "mini" bottle. It's a really pretty color in the bottle, and it translates just as well to the nail.


Here it is in the shade. I used 2 coats, plus Seche Vite on top. I apologize for the mess - This was the first time I ever actually swatched a color and I have no clue what I'm really doing! 


In the sunlight, Insta-This comes out almost neon. It's so bright I was having a tough time capturing the color, but this picture is pretty true to the color in real life. The formula on this color was awesome, and it was basically opaque in one coat. Everything just came together really nicely.

The only problem I had with Insta-This was that it stained my cuticles pretty terribly when I took it off. I had a real issue with getting myself totally clean without messing up my hands and drying them out.

All in all, I'd give this color a 8/10 - This is the only true blue creme like this in my collection, and aside from the staining issue everything was awesome! For those of you who got any of the Birchbox colors this month, how did you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment