Sunday, September 30, 2012

China Glaze - Hook and Line

I might as well do all these now - I have a couple mini-reviews done and it's probably worth it to just finish them all now. Prepare yourselves for a ton of posts!

This one's for China Glaze - Hook and Line. A color that came out in the Hunger Games collection months ago, I've been totally psyched about reviewing this polish. I didn't even see The Hunger Games - I wanted to read the book but never found the time. By the time I finally saw the movie (read: lasty week) I already knew half the story because everyone was so hype about it.

Just like I missed the book and the movie, I pretty much missed the nail polishes too. When China Glaze came out with the Capitol Colors, I thought they were pretty meh. People started reviewing them though, and by the time I made my way over to Sally's all I found was this one hiding in a clearance bin. I'm kicking myself for missing Luxe and Lush, and especially Stone Cold - they're gorgeous.
I fell in love with Hook and Line though, and I was dead set on it. I've been totally excited to do this review - before I even had a blog, I wanted to write about this one!

Here it is, the moment I've been waiting for...


Hook and Line is a frosty, greyish, maybe taupe, almost purpley frosty color. There is really no good way to describe this color, besides GORGEOUS. 


In the shade, you can see how bronze it looks. Many people said they had a problem with lots of brush strokes, but I didn't have any sort of issue - for me, application was a dream. 2 coats is what you see here, plus Seche Vite on top. 


Here it is in the sun. The frost is super apparent in this photo, but it's not frosty in a bad way. Hook and line is super flattering with my skin tone, so maybe I'm just really partial to it.

I got this on clearance at Sally's. I think I paid something like $2.99 for it, but China Glaze will normally cost you $6.49.


No comments:

Post a Comment